sabato 14 novembre 2009

Lunch Break Surfing!

It was one of my dreams: going surfing during lunch break. I made it a couple of days ago!
It's a thing you can do if you live in California, Australia or Mondello...

It's a strange dream actually beacuse I've never been able to surf neither I haven't ever tried hard to learn.
Now It's been a year I'm living and working close to the beach so I decided to try. After 3 times I've been out in the water I can barely stand on the board at the very end of the wave (when it's dying). Basically instead of getting washed by the wave I grab hard the board (as I'd been on a Lilo) and after few seconds I try to stand: 90% of the times I fall down... 10% I succeed, it's pretty anti-aesthetic to watch, but it's still surfing...

I just need to practice 10000 hours...

These pictures are for thouse who believes it's ridicolous to surf in Sicily (specifically in Mondello) because it's waves-free...






Thanks to this guy for the pictures

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento